Sunday, September 10, 2006

Paris non

Off to Paris by Eurostar, courtesy of our Tesco Vouchers, leaving porr Leo to go off on his first day of 6th form all by himself....enjoyed the experience but didn't actually enjoy Paris. Found it crowded, noisy and smelly, which is something coming from London. Every subway and stairway (even in the churches) seemed to smell of wee. There were SO many restaurants and cafes on the street that I fell victim to choice fatigue and found deciding on meals hopelessly stressful and I missed London's big green open spaces and multitude of free museums and galleries. I couldn't understand why Metro stations were so hard to find - several times we walked past a station because we simply hadn't seen it! Also came to the conclusion that I really don't like hotels! Would like to try again -I suppose we really need a Paris expert to take us in hand. Any offers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home